Welcome to Virtual Thursdays!
Check out the 2020 virtual season, available on youtube through the end of September.
We’re rolling with the times and taking our season online with Virtual Thursdays! As always, the concerts are FREE. Follow the simple steps below:
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook for schedule updates and online meeting info.
- Grab your glass of wine and dessert and settle in at 7 p.m. for a Virtual Thursday delight.
- Stay afterwards for a free Zoom reception (pre-registration required) in real time with friends and performers.
- On June 25, July 23, and August 6, invite our artists into your home as they share the “how” and “why” of what compels them to make magical music and help you discover some musical secrets.
- On August 20, join us for the finale evening of the Virtual Thursday series, as we embrace an Italian flair for our fundraising gala – Cabaret & Cabernet: A Celebration of Songs, Sweets & Sharing. We’ll share some recipes throughout the summer.
Green Lake Festival of Music Challenges of COVID-19 – Basic Facts about GLFM annual costs
Recently, the Green Lake Festival of Music directors and staff made the gut-wrenching decision to cancel all live concerts and programs for the 2020 season, for the health and safety of all involved. In addition to the loss of 20 opportunities to share live music with you free of charge, the Festival will suffer the loss of all participation fees and concert donations, a significant portion of its normal $250,000 annual budget. In addition, our musicians have been hurt so badly by cancellations that the GLFM board has set a goal of paying 50% of all artist fees in an effort to help them survive this dire situation.
How GLFM is addressing the problem
- Reducing costs as much as possible
- Committing to support performers
- Launching two fundraising initiatives:
- TWENTY20 match – $40,000 for 2020 artists relief and virtual program expenses
- Bridge to the Future Fund – $160,000 to keep GLFM humming during the 9-month planning season so we can all come together in 2021 to once again enjoy the free concerts of high artistic caliber that you have come to expect from the GLFM.
We thank our TWENTY20 Match Challenge Donors:
- Lloyd & Jan Hughes
- Dan & Pat Jorndt
- Ken & Rebecca Melchert, Harp Gallery
- Lynn Grout Paul
- Sylvia Richards
- John & Celia Roesch
Cabaret & Cabernet Virtual Gala (August 20) Sponsors: Steve & Sue Sorenson